Dora Maar is looking for a Photography Intern to assist with product photography for the summer semester of 2022. Our studio is based in Brooklyn, New York and requires the ideal candidate to be in the studio at least two to three times a week from 9AM to 5PM. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn more about e-commerce and product photography. You will get the chance to work on the production coordination, retouching, marketing, and assisting on editorial photoshoots. You will help support our visual efforts while gaining valuable career experience in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with setting up and breaking down of photo equipment
- Maintain photography guidelines, and photograph images that are consistent with Dora Maar's aesthetic
- Be able to photograph the products, and organize the products on our hard drive.
- Photo coverage and editing of in-house events for promotional use and archival purposes
- Communicate with our retouchers, and be able to give them detailed descriptions and edits.
- Assist in planning, creating mood boards and executing photo shoots, as well as editing and retouching photographs for online web store, creation of editorial/web content, and social media
- Must be based in New York City and available two to three days on set.
- 1 year of studio photography experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of Adobe software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, and Capture one (preferred)
- Knowledge of studio equipment (preferred)
- Self-starter, organized, with excellent attention to detail and ability to self-direct, and work within a fast paced environment
- A collaborative, positive, proactive, and transparent attitude
- Passion for fashion and editorial photography
- Currently enrolled in a college and must be able to receive academic credit
If interested, please forward a brief description as to why you would be a good fit for this position, along with a copy of your resume, website, references, social media handles or any recent photography work. This is an unpaid internship and school credit is offered where applicable.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the role in the subject line.