Dora Maar values our customers and respect your privacy. We collect information about you through our website and social media platforms in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. As described in this policy, we may share your information with our affiliated companies and, under certain circumstances, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
What kind of information does Dora Maar collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc., when you visit our website or our social media pages, place an order online, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online.
How does Dora Maar use my information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, and to process merchandise returns
- To communicate with you and, with your consent when required, to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To permit you to create an online wish list and, if you choose, to share that list with your friends and others who are registered on the site and know your email address
- To permit you to create a personal address book for your shipping address(es) on our site
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions and programs in which you participate
- To help us learn about your shopping preferences and purchasing history, including so that we may tailor offers to you
- To help us address problems with and improve and develop our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- To contact you if necessary regarding your transactions, your account, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or for other administrative purposes
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information.
Does Dora Maar share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our affiliated companies, for their use consistent with this policy, including for marketing purposes.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on Our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing credit cards, fulfilling your requests, or helping prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or suspicious activities and transactions. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to: (1) comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, inquiry or request from government or public authorities in any country in which we operate, including the U.S. and Canada; (2) protect the rights, privacy or safety of Dora Maar or others; (3) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (4) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain; or (5) enforce our policies or the terms and conditions applicable to any contest, promotion or program.
In the unlikely event of a reorganization, sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding) of all or any portion of the business, assets or stock of Dora Maar or its parent company, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets and may be shared with other parties.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at our website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile. You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from us, you can let us know by contacting our customer service at email@example.com Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications by email from us again.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to dora-maar.com. This website is intended for users who are 18 years of age and older.
How does Dora Maar collect and use non-personal information?
How is my information used for behavioral or interest-based advertising?
We work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies ) on our website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access, acquisition or disclosure including:
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible;
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information;
- using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt any information you submit to us via any forms on our website and any payment transactions you make on or via our website;
- only transferring your information via closed system or encrypted data transfers
What is "phishing"?
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What about links to other websites?
How long do you retain my information?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.